Thursday, August 28, 2014

The power of being uncomfortable.

Feeling uncomfortable drives me to action.  After feeling miserable and overwhelmed again this morning, I visited two grocery stores, shopped at one, and managed to misplace three items on the walk home. I’ve no idea what happened to that bag.  :P
 I’m gonna call that a Brueggeman adventure instead of “Genevieve’s carelessness”, it sounds nicer. 
Anyway, I returned home and stalled for a little while, found some really helpful apps – The T app with the map of the entire subway system – so amazing. 
I was hesitant to start out, afraid of looking like a tourist, but that’s kind of what I am. So I chose to embrace it. 
I went on down to the T station and rode it nine stops to Medborgarplatsen where I got off to see St. Eric’s Cathedral.  It was a beautiful old church, and sitting inside was very serene and peaceful. 


Here's St. Eric, I've yet to learn about him.  I'm thinking he was a pretty cool guy. 

For a short while, the world that was rushing by just outside the door seemed very far away.  It was just what I needed. I'm reminded of the Encounter retreat I was blessed to be a part of this past January, our coordinator said, "we retreat from the world to better know how to re-enter it".  I felt so much better coming out and exploring the touristy looking shopping centre and plaza. Stockholm is a very interesting city.  

When I’m uncomfortable, I tend not to want to do a whole lot, but then I get bored and feel the need to do something, anything.  It will hopefully lead me to good things.


Hej då fram Svierge!

No comments:

Post a Comment